Welcome your guests to Chauncey, a scenic country setting just minutes from historic Princeton, New Jersey. With 370 wooded acres and a picturesque lake, Chauncey is a charming locale for events in every season. Select a beautiful indoor and outdoor venue, or reserve the historic Laurie House exclusively for your special occasion. Please contact us about hosting your wedding, special celebrations, social or corporate events at Chauncey.
WEddings at Chauncey
Your wedding is uniquely you...where you have it should be too! Chauncey provides the perfect setting for your special day regardless of season. Warm up indoors with fireside celebrations in the Brodsky Gallery and Solomon Room. Seasonally (May-October), enjoy our gazebo, tented pavilion or historic Laurie House, all overlooking our lake. Don't take our word for it...listen to our brides
Don't take our word for it...listen to our brides
"We never thought we would be able to afford this hidden gem in Princeton, but after meeting with staff and doing a tour of the site we knew immediately that we had our venue. The grounds and facility are gorgeous and the event staff are fantastic. Chauncey was able to individualize our plans and menu to fit into our budget and fit the visions that we had for our big day. Staff were incredibly informative, supportive and great to work with. Our event was better than we could have imagined and are truly happy that we chose Chauncey as they made the planning process fun and minimized the stress." As quoted on Wedding Wire.
Marriage equality is now the law in New Jersey. Civil marriage licenses are being granted to same-sex couples! Celebrate your love with a wedding at Chauncey. One of our happy brides posted the following on Wedding Wire "Our wedding was beautiful, the food was delicious, and Chauncey’s staff went above and beyond anything we could expect. The staff were extremely accommodating, helping to make our wedding a memorable experience, which our family and friends still talk about to this day. I would highly recommend to anyone planning their wedding at Chauncey. It’s a wonderful place to get married, and we never felt we were treated any differently as a same sex couple."
Another happy couple wrote the following on "Wedding Wire" after their May, 2017 wedding.
"I am writing this e-mail to make you aware of the outstanding job that Amanda Puskar did as the Chauncey coordinator of my daughter's wedding. We found Amanda to be very personable, responsive and down-to-earth in all matters relating to the wedding. Her disposition and demeanor made us extremely comfortable throughout the process. I just knew that when Amanda said that something would "get done" that we had no worries. The result was a fantastic wedding day. Our guests raved about the facility and services provided by Amanda and all of your staff members. On behalf of my family, thanks so much for the professionalism of your organization and your commitment to excellence."
picture perfect choices
- Outdoor settings amid the lovingly maintained grounds surrounding the lake with its beautiful fountain and bridge. Spring through fall, your options include a lakeside stylish tented pavilion which remains on the grounds May through October.
- Your ceremony can be held at our beautiful gazebo that overlooks the lake.
- Solomon Dining Room, an elegant two-level venue for your reception with expansive windows and patio overlooking our scenic grounds and lake accomodating up to 150 guests
- Laurie House, a former hunt club, offering complete privacy and the charm of an exclusive country house. Seven luxurious guest rooms, plus beautiful living room and dining room, create the atmosphere of an intimate B&B. Ideal for wedding party accommodations, small rehearsal dinners and receptions.
- Brodsky Art Gallery with its inviting fireplace and ever-changing display of colorful artwork is a free-flowing and sophisticated space for receptions.
- The Executive Chef, Brian Wagner, uses local artesian products and produce, fresh herbs from his garden located on the grounds. Seasonal menus sumptuous cuisine and elegant service from our culinary team.
- Choose formal plated service, lavish buffet selections or an elaborate cocktail reception
- Premium-brand bar service, an extensive list of wines and champagnes
- Table settings designed with flair and executed with perfection
- A unique setting with quality and artistry in every detail, beautiful decor, plus cozy fireplaces for fall and winter weddings
- Exclusive service, and always one wedding at a time
- Welcoming hospitality and V.I.P. service for you and your guests
beautifully appointed guest accommodations
- 100 guest rooms and suites offer out-of-town family and friends gracious hospitality and comfort
- Complimentary fitness center for overnight guests
- Minutes from historic Princeton and Lawrenceville
- Minutes from NJ Turnpike and Route 1
- Within an hour of Manhattan, Philadelphia and major airports
Professional event coordination
- Personal service from your first visit to the moment your last guest leaves Chauncey.
Afternoon Tea Parties
Bridal Shower Tea
Celebrate your bridal shower in style with a charming afternoon tea party. Bridal Tea Showers are a perfect remembrance of the bride’s special day. But don't take our word for it. The following is a quote from a thank you note received on November 11th.
"I want to thank you and your staff for helping to make my daughter's bridal shower so memorable. The tables were set beautifully, the food was delicious, and your staff was so attentive. My only regret is that I didn't know about the Chauncey sooner. Regards, Nita"
Chauncey provides multiple spaces for your rehearsal dinner. Please contact our Catering Sales Manager to plan your dinner.
birthday party tea
Whether you are celebrating your 1st or 100th birthday, a birthday party tea is the perfect celebration. Girls love tea parties, whether they're a toddler, pre-teen, or a Grandma. So why not satisfy their love for tea by throwing them a tea party for their Birthday!